PUJYA SHREE MOTA

Thursday, January 9, 2014

ROOT CAUSES OF DUKKHA ( દુઃખ ) -- 1

Swajan :   Mota, I am pretty well set up economically and yet when somebody insults, reprimands or speaks to me with anger there is feeling of dukkha in me. If there is a dispute in the family, everybody always blames me for that. I do not understand the reasons for the blame when there is no wrong committed by me. Why it always happens this way?

Pujya Shree Mota :  You experience dukkha because of the behavior of your family members towards you. You also tell me that there is no fault from your side. This experience of dukkha and the cause of it is contradictory. As I understand you feel that the fault lies with your family and not with you. This understanding and thinking have a fundamental flaw. As long as we live in this world with the intent of worldly bhava, nobody is faultless.

Swajan :  I did not understand the meaning of worldly-bhava.

Pujya Shree Mota :  It means we live with ego and affection in this world and act with that bhava. It can be expressed as "I say this or believe this," "only my way is the right one," "everybody must behave as per my way," etc. It may also mean that the family members must respect my wishes. To think this way and hold on to this belief is worldly-bhava. The belief and understanding that you are educated and people take your advice outside the family and nobody listens to you in the family, is also full of ego.

Pujya Shree Mota
Sukhano marg
Edition 7, page 7 - 8.