PUJYA SHREE MOTA

Thursday, March 10, 2016

ARROGANCE OF THE MIND

What a wretched soul that boasts the arrogance of the mind while watching his mind indulge in imaginations, when in fact he is not prepared to make any effort for spiritual progress! I am really sad when we are in condition where we want to be somebody but do not want to make any effort. By the grace of God I can see that a person does not want to make a sincere effort even in places where he says he wants to accomplish something. He wants to be squeaky clean but keeps making himself dirty by falling in the dirty mud repeatedly and still takes pride in being clean. I am reminded of my Guru Maharaj when I see these things. He wanted to give me a stick (metaphor for being strict) but being a fool I did not accept it. He was right in his assessment and I was wrong in not accepting the stick. If I had the big stick by the grace of God, it would have been possible to rid people of this arrogance of the mind. It is not possible to remove all kinds of arrogance by just being strict though. It is possible they may not have come to me. It would have been better if they did not show up at my door. These people have come on their own but they do not want to work for the advancement. They have postponed to improve their mind , etc. The thing that bothers me the most is they're spoiling their minds instead of improving it. Instead of cleansing the impurities and removing the layers of difficulties, they keep on adding it. When there is improvement in reducing the grip of false understanding and beliefs etc, it is replaced with other kind of impurities in its place. We have to be very careful to see that when old is removed, new one does not replace it.

Pujya Shree Mota
Jivan Darshan
Edition 8; Pages 175 - 176.